CivicPro is a national insurance program designed specifically for U.S. Cities & Towns serving 100,000 or more in population. This program provides a highly creative and cost-effective alternative to traditional excess of loss self-insured retention (SIR) insurance products.
Description: Liability limits up to $20 million per occurrence/claim are available. Workers’ Compensation Statutory limits with up to $10 million Employer’s Liability limits are available.
Description: This innovative tool enables you to cover your primary areas of claims activity based on dollar amounts, while affording more protection for large claim scenarios.
Claim Example: A city has a primary $5 million (per occurrence and aggregate) insured layer with a $25,000 SIR to cover the vast majority of claims but wants protection to $20 million. Adding a loss corridor of $1 million per occurrence with a $10 million annual aggregate can significantly reduce the cost of the excess $14 million layer while providing protection for larger claims.
Description: Clash coverage is a type of reinsurance designed to protect insurers and their insureds from the loss of normal reinsurance recoveries when they are faced with multiple claims arising out of the same event resulting in multiple retentions for these related losses.
Claim Example: Imagine a single event that triggers claims across numerous lines – like an active shooter event. Without clash coverage, each line of insurance would have its own retention. With clash coverage, only one retention would apply to the entire loss.
Description: The All Lines Aggregate coverage provides budget certainty to a city by providing annual aggregate protection against the insured’s self-insured retentions for Property, General Liability, Auto Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Crime, Inland Marine and Public Officials Liability.
Claim Example: The All Lines Aggregate coverage not only protects a city’s assets with specific excess and stop loss coverage, it helps identify the maximum combination of insurance and loss costs, allowing the city to benefit immediately from unspent usual and expected loss costs.
Description: CivicPro provides a guaranteed cost fixed rate as well as a loss sensitive flexible rate whereby the city directly benefits from reducing claim activity
Claim Example: A fixed rate is not dependent upon claims, but if claims raise, the fixed premium the following year will likely rise. The loss sensitive rate rewards the insured for lower losses by returning a portion of the premium and thus reducing total cost of insurance at the end of the term.
Description: CivicPro allows the city to choose an independent, third-party claims administrator to oversee all claims activity, as well as choose the legal counsel to defend against specific claims.
Claim Example: This option allows a city government greater control of its claims management and resolution efforts including legal defense local to the area and versed on city positions and procedures.
Description: CivicPro provides comprehensive claims management services, including oversight of the selected TPA and defense counsel. CivicPro provides claims advocacy services to ensure that a policy delivers what it promises when complex claims occur.
Description: CivicPro provides loss control management and on-site consultative and training services to develop and implement targeted loss prevention strategies that can drive down the ultimate cost of losses.
- U.S. Cities & Towns
- Minimum Self-insured Retentions
- $50,000 Per Occurrence/claim
- Minimum Package Premium: $100,000
- Designed for cities with more than 100,000 in population
- Broad coverage form
- “A” rated insurer
- Flexible SIR levels and loss corridor deductibles
- Multi-line clash coverage
- All lines aggregate coverage
- City maintains choice of claims TPA and legal counsel
- Flexible rating plans (fixed and loss sensitive rates)
- General liability
- Auto Liability
- Law Enforcement Liability
- Public Officials including EPLI
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Property Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Workers’ Compensation (statutory limits)
- Crime up to $1M
- Full limits built through structured excess placements with other “A” rated insurers
- Current plus 5 years currently valued 1st dollar casualty loss runs in Excel format
- 10 years currently valued 1st dollar workers compensation loss runs in Excel format
- Detailed descriptions of large losses in excess of $100,000
- Employee Concentration Sheet or workers’ compensation employer profile questionnaire
- Vehicle Schedule
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Policies and Procedures
- Sexual Abuse Prevention Policies and Procedures
Jonathan serves as President for the CivicPro program with over 22 years in insurance management, managing insurance pools, captives, and risk retention groups for commercial and public entity property and casualty risks and group health and life programs.