NIP Group has been insuring the green industry for more than 30 years, making us experts in providing the best insurance for landscaping businesses. LandPro is the largest national liability insurance program for commercial landscapers and lawn care maintenance professionals, with the most experience protecting these specialized businesses with complete, customized green industry insurance coverage.
Thanks to years of expertise, LandPro has a finger on the pulse of the green industry. Not only do we provide the security needed to run a landscaping business, but we also have a wealth of resources covering industry trends, business & equipment management, and more. Additionally, our members have the added benefit of accessing our risk management portal to help manage their day-to-day lawn care activities.
Reason Needed: Certain contractual requirements necessitate landscape contractors to name their clients as additional insureds.
Benefit: Efficiently address the additional insured’s endorsement needs for ongoing and completed operations. Prevents an error due to administrative oversight, reduces administrative costs, and reduces paperwork. (”Blanket as required by written contract.”)
Description: The standard ISO General Liability product does not definitively state that mental anguish and mental injury is included in the definition of bodily injury. Our extension endorsement includes, clarifies and expands the definition of bodily injury.
Claim Example: A customer of the landscape contractor gets injured from a rock that the lawn mower ran over hitting the client in the eye. The customer may sue for mental anguish due to loss of vision in addition to bodily injury. Our landscaping insurance product provides coverage for such an event.
Description: Provides coverage for the damage to trees, shrubs, plants or lawn caused by the Landscape Contractor’s work due to an error and omission in the course of landscaping services.
Claim Example: An employee of the insured removes a Japanese Maple Tree that was supposed to be pruned due to an unclear work order. The cost for damage to the tree and property is covered in this scenario.
Description: Provides coverage for damages caused to a Landscape Contractor’s customer due to accidental release of pollutants at the customer’s residence.
Claim Example: While treating a customer’s lawn, a Landscape Contractor accidentally over sprays herbicides near a row of ornamental bushes, resulting in the demise of dozens of plants by the application and migration of the chemicals. A claim to replace the bushes would be covered by the contractor’s lawn care coverage under this claim scenario.
Description: Provides coverage for damages caused by chemicals that leak from your auto which are not ordinarily covered by the standard ISO auto offering.
Claim Example: A company truck is involved in an accident and overturns, spilling pollutants over the road and possibly into the local water system (nearby pond, sewer, etc.). The damage to the water supply, loss of chemicals, and cleanup is covered in this scenario.
- Landscape Contractors
- Landscape Gardening
- Lawn Care Services
- Lawn Sprinkler Services
- Spraying Operations
- Sprinkler and Irrigation Installation and Repair
- Pesticide Applicators (non-aerial)
- Classes with 25% (or greater) application of lawn and tree pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers
- Program is admitted and written in all states
Minimum Package Premium
- 30 years of Landscaping Insurance Industry experience
- Carrier Rated A+ (Superior), Financial Size XV by A.M. Best
- Green Industry experts for risk control guidance and proper valuation of your landscaping client’s operations, property and equipment
- Specialized Lawn Care Insurance Coverages Not Available Through Typical Products
- Competitive Rates & Flexible Payment Plans
- Superior Customer Service & Expert Claims Handling
- World-Class Risk Control Services
- General Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence/$2M aggregate)
- Auto Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence)
- Property (limits up to $1M)
- Inland Marine (limits up to $1M)
- Umbrella Liability (limits up to $5M)
- Crime (limits up to $100K)
- Contractors Pollution Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Workers’ Compensation (Statutory Limits)
- Completed and signed ACORD applications
- Completed and signed LandPro Supplemental
- Completed and signed 15 Passenger Van Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Crane Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Pesticide/Herbicide Pollution Liability Supplemental (if applicable)
- FEIN Number
- 4 years of currently valued, hard copy loss runs for all lines of business being requested
Michael serves as Program Manager for the LandPro program with over 15 years of P&C experience with extensive experience on the carrier side. Michael earned his degree in Business Administration from William Paterson University and obtained his MBA in Finance from St. Peter’s University.
November 25, 2020Insurance Brokers May be Liable for Denied COVID Claims
This past spring, some businesses across the nation were shuttered by local and government mandates as they were considered “non-essential” businesses.” Bars, salons, retail establishments, and any business that was not otherwise deemed as “essential” was closed. Exceptions included businesses like grocery stores, pharmacies, and “essential” health facilities. The shuttered businesses, their owners, and employees were...Read More
November 18, 2020U.S. Treasury Warns Cyber Insurers Not to Pay Ransomware Demands
Ransomware is a type of malware denying users access to data until a ransom is met. It can affect any individual or organization due to visiting an infected website or clicking on a suspicious email. Ransomware is powerful, and it can prevent businesses from viewing anything from supply spreadsheets to configuring hospital bills for patients....Read More
November 11, 2020Top 5 Habits of Very Successful Insurance Brokers
Insurance brokers have a lot on their plate. They must manage the producers and agents working within their brokerage. They must make sure everything is in place to ensure their agents are successful at their job. To remain successful, insurance brokers must maintain certain habits. These habits help shape the broker, as well as the...Read More