NIP Group has been insuring the green industry for more than 30 years, making us experts in providing the best landscaping insurance. LandPro is the largest national liability insurance program for commercial landscapers and lawn care maintenance professionals, with the most experience protecting these specialized businesses with complete, customized landscaping insurance coverage.
Thanks to years of expertise, LandPro has a finger on the pulse of the green industry. Not only do we provide the security needed to run a landscaping business, but we also have a wealth of resources covering industry trends, business & equipment management, and more. Additionally, our members have the added benefit of accessing our risk management portal to help manage their day-to-day lawn care activities.
Reason Needed: Certain contractual requirements necessitate landscape contractors to name their clients as additional insureds.
Benefit: Efficiently address the additional insured’s endorsement needs for ongoing and completed operations. Prevents an error due to administrative oversight, reduces administrative costs, and reduces paperwork. (”Blanket as required by written contract.”)
Description: The standard ISO General Liability product does not definitively state that mental anguish and mental injury is included in the definition of bodily injury. Our extension endorsement includes, clarifies and expands the definition of bodily injury.
Claim Example: A customer of the landscape contractor gets injured from a rock that the lawn mower ran over hitting the client in the eye. The customer may sue for mental anguish due to loss of vision in addition to bodily injury. Our landscaping insurance product provides coverage for such an event.
Description: Provides landscaping insurance coverage for the damage to trees, shrubs, plants or lawn caused by the Landscape Contractor’s work due to an error and omission in the course of landscaping services.
Claim Example: An employee of the insured removes a Japanese Maple Tree that was supposed to be pruned due to an unclear work order. The cost for damage to the tree and property is covered in this scenario.
Description: Provides landscaping insurance coverage for damages caused to a Landscape Contractor’s customer due to accidental release of pollutants at the customer’s residence.
Claim Example: While treating a customer’s lawn, a Landscape Contractor accidentally over sprays herbicides near a row of ornamental bushes, resulting in the demise of dozens of plants by the application and migration of the chemicals. A claim to replace the bushes would be covered by the contractor’s lawn care coverage under this claim scenario.
Description: Provides landscaping insurance coverage for damages caused by chemicals that leak from your auto which are not ordinarily covered by the standard ISO auto offering.
Claim Example: A company truck is involved in an accident and overturns, spilling pollutants over the road and possibly into the local water system (nearby pond, sewer, etc.). The damage to the water supply, loss of chemicals, and cleanup is covered in this scenario.
- Landscape Contractors
- Landscape Gardening
- Lawn Care Services
- Lawn Sprinkler Services
- Spraying Operations
- Sprinkler and Irrigation Installation and Repair
- Pesticide Applicators (non-aerial)
- Classes with 25% (or greater) application of lawn and tree pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers
- Program is admitted and written in all states
Minimum Package Premium
- 30 years of Landscaping Insurance Industry experience
- Carrier Rated A+ (Superior), Financial Size XV by A.M. Best
- Green Industry experts for risk control guidance and proper valuation of your landscaping client’s operations, property and equipment
- Specialized Lawn Care Insurance Coverages Not Available Through Typical Products
- Competitive Rates & Flexible Payment Plans
- Superior Customer Service & Expert Claims Handling
- World-Class Risk Control Services
- General Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence/$2M aggregate)
- Auto Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence)
- Property (limits up to $1M)
- Inland Marine (limits up to $1M)
- Umbrella Liability (limits up to $5M)
- Crime (limits up to $100K)
- Contractors Pollution Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Workers’ Compensation (Statutory Limits)
- Completed and signed ACORD applications
- Completed and signed LandPro Supplemental
- Completed and signed 15 Passenger Van Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Crane Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Pesticide/Herbicide Pollution Liability Supplemental (if applicable)
- FEIN Number
- 4 years of currently valued, hard copy loss runs for all lines of business being requested
Michael serves as Program Manager for the LandPro program with over 15 years of P&C experience with extensive experience on the carrier side. Michael earned his degree in Business Administration from William Paterson University and obtained his MBA in Finance from St. Peter’s University.
Account rounding is an often overlooked technique that could help boost or strengthen your insurance product sales. Here are some reasons why account rounding should be a focus for your agency...Read More
When it comes to boosting your insurance product sales, focusing on your current book of business is the first place to start. Here are 12 tips for effectively cross selling your insurance products to help resonate with your current clients...Read More
As the digital world continues to grow, social media has become the new marketplace for businesses to thrive. Learn more about how your insurance agency can utilize social media to win more clients...Read More