the industry specialists – StudyPro®
Put Our Industry Expertise to Work for you and your Clients.
StudyPro is a specialty insurance program designed specifically to meet the specialized needs of larger K-12 public school districts with student enrollment of more than 5,000 (including smaller districts situated in cities). This program provides a highly creative and cost-effective alternative to traditional first dollar insurance coverage. The program also offers a superior alternative to standard excess of loss self-insured retention (SIR) insurance products.
Speak with an StudyPro Specialist
Grow your School Book with StudyPro
StudyPro is one of the most comprehensive insurance programs available for schools tailored specifically to the needs of each educational institution. StudyPro has been uniquely designed to be the most comprehensive school insurance coverage on the market. Here are some key features of what sets StudyPro apart from the competition.
Eligible School Insurance Risks
Designed for larger K-12 public school districts with student enrollment of more than 5,000, as well as smaller districts situated in cities.
- Minimum Self-Insured Retentions
- $50,000 per Occurrence/Claim
- Minimum Package Premium of $125,000
Better School Insurance Coverage by Design
- Older Edition dates for Additional Insured forms
- Auto Pollution Broadened Coverage
School Insurance Coverages
- General Liability
- Auto Liability
- Educators Legal Liability
- Sexual Abuse and Molestation Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Employment Benefits Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Cyber Liability
- Disaster Management
- Property up to $250M
- Workers’ Compensation (statutory limits)
- Crime up to $1M
Why Work with NIP Group?
Superior Customer Service
Better City & Town Insurance Coverage By Design
Description: Liability limits up to $20 million per occurrence/claim are available. Workers’ Compensation Statutory limits with up to $10 million Employer’s Liability limits are available.
Description: This innovative tool enables you to cover your primary areas of claims activity based on first dollar amounts, while affording more protection for large claim scenarios.
Claim Example: A school district has a primary $2 million aggregate insured layer with a $25,000 SIR to cover most claims but wants protection to $10 million. Adding a loss corridor of $1 million per occurrence with a $2 million annual aggregate can significantly reduce the cost of the excess $8 million layer while providing protection for larger claims.
Description: Clash coverage is a type of reinsurance designed to protect insurers and their insureds from the loss of normal reinsurance recoveries when they are faced with multiple claims arising out of the same event resulting in multiple retentions for these related losses.
Claim Example: Imagine a single event that triggers claims across numerous lines – like an active shooter event. Without clash coverage, each line of insurance would have its own retention. With clash coverage, only one retention would apply to the entire loss.
Description: The All Lines Aggregate coverage provides budget certainty to a school district by providing annual aggregate protection against the insured’s self-insured retentions for Property, General Liability, Auto Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Crime, Inland Marine, Educators Legal Liability, Employee Benefit Liability, and Law Enforcement Liability.
Claim Example: The All Lines Aggregate coverage not only protects a city’s assets with specific excess and stop loss coverage, it helps identify the maximum combination of insurance and loss costs, allowing the school district to benefit immediately from unspent usual and expected loss costs.
Description: StudyPro provides a guaranteed cost fixed rate as well as a loss sensitive flexible rate whereby the school district directly benefits from reducing claim activity
Claim Example: A fixed rate is not dependent upon claims, but if claims rise, the fixed premium the following year will likely rise. The loss sensitive rate rewards the insured for lower losses by returning a portion of the premium and thus reducing total cost of insurance at the end of the term. By purchasing reinsurance, it can provide protection against major claims that might pierce a maximum loss threshold.
Description: StudyPro allows the school district to choose an independent, third-party claims administrator to oversee all claims activity, as well as choose the legal counsel to defend against specific claims.
Claim Example: This option allows a school district greater control of its claims management and resolution efforts including legal defense local to the area and versed on local issues and procedures.
Description: StudyPro provides comprehensive claims management services, including oversight of the selected TPA and defense counsel. StudyPro provides claims advocacy services to ensure that a policy delivers what it promises when complex claims occur.
Description: StudyPro provides loss control management and on-site consultative and training services to develop and implement targeted loss prevention strategies that can drive down the ultimate cost of losses.
Get Started as a StudyPro Broker - Submission Requirements
- Completed StudyPro application signed by board’s business administrator
- Completed workers’ compensation employer profile questionnaire
- Completed insurance carrier loss runs for all lines of business
- Property schedule including buildings owned or leased, vehicles, contractor equipment, any fine arts items, and copies of lease agreements
- Payroll schedule by workers’ compensation class code
- Most recent loss control survey of BOE’s operations
- Schedule of insurance or copies of current insurance policies
- Copy of BOE’s past 3 years audited financial statements
- Copy of BOE’s past 3 years budget summary and adopted budgets
- Current plus 5 years currently valued 1st dollar casualty loss runs in Excel format
- 10 years currently valued 1st dollar workers compensation loss runs in Excel format
- Detailed description of large losses in excess of $100,000
- Vehicle Schedule
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Policies and Procedures
- Sexual Abuse Prevention Policies and Procedures
Meet Our StudyPro Program President
Jonathan serves as President for the StudyPro program with over 22 years in insurance management, managing insurance pools, captives, and risk retention groups for commercial and public entity property and casualty risks and group health and life programs.