Knowing how to properly service this class of business is crucial to success. If you have tree services clients, come to NIP Programs, the Green Industry insurance experts. Our TreePro insurance program has been insuring tree professionals for more than 30 years and is the largest program of its kind. It’s a multi-line Package that provides better coverage and value than standard products. Our approach to tree care is exceptional, with specialized coverage, risk control, and claims management. We can handle crane and boom exposures and snow and ice removal that many of our competitors simply ignore.
Definition: This coverage reimburses for “intentional acts” by the insured.
Claim Example: An employee of the insured removes the wrong tree or too many trees on the property which typically happens when the work order is not clear or there is a mistake by the tree pruning crew. The cost for additional damage to the property is covered in this scenario.
Description: This coverage reimburses for arborists applying pesticides and/or herbicides.
Claim Example: An arborist mixes the wrong chemicals, doesn’t dilute the mix enough, over sprays the plants, etc. The cost to replace the damaged or dead plants is covered in this scenario.
Description: This coverage reimburses for fire suppression or other hazards that may include property damage related to wildfire, as well as incidents of accidental trespassing if the arborist cuts down trees on the wrong property.
Claim Example: An arborist cuts down a tree on the neighbor’s property because he/she misjudged the property line. The cost for damage to the neighboring property is covered in this scenario.
Description: This specifically covers riggers liability and does not need to involve tree care.
Claim Example: A contractor is using the company crane to lift air-conditioning units onto a roof and damages the unit.
Description: General liability coverage that buys back a small portion of pollution exclusion.
Claim Example: A hydraulic hose on an aerial lift bursts and spills over a client’s driveway. The cost for damage to the driveway is covered in this scenario.
Description: Provides coverage for chemical (herbicide/pesticide) spills during a sharp turn by the company truck.
Claim Example: A tree care specialist’s company truck is involved in an accident and overturns, spilling the contents(pesticides/
- Tree Pruning & Removal
- Tree Spraying
- Plant Health Care
- Landscape Gardening
- Lawn Care
- Irrigation (Sprinkler) Installation
- Snow & Ice Removal
- Subcontracted Work
- Program is admitted and written in all states
Minimum Package Premium
- 30 years of industry experience
- Carrier Rated A+ (Superior), Financial Size XV by A.M. Best
- Industry experts for risk control guidance and proper valuation of your client’s operations, property and equipment
- Specialized Coverages Not Available Through Typical Products
- Competitive Rates & Flexible Payment Plans
- Superior Customer Service & Expert Claims Handling
- World-Class Risk Control Services
- General Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence/$2M aggregate)
- Auto Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence)
- Property (limits up to $1M)
- Inland Marine (limits up to $1M)
- Umbrella Liability (limits up to $5M)
- Crime (limits up to $100K)
- Workers’ Compensation (Minimum Premium of $10,000)
- Completed and signed ACORD applications
- Completed and signed TreePro Supplemental
- Completed and signed 15 Passenger Van Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Crane Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Pesticide/Herbicide Pollution Liability Supplemental (if applicable)
- FEIN Number
- 4 years of currently valued, hard copy loss runs for all lines of business being requested
Mike serves as Program Manager for the TreePro program with 28 years of P&C experience where he has developed strong relationships with agents, tree care owners, and industry association personnel. Mike is a graduate of the University of Connecticut and a CPCU.