If you have tree care clients, come to NIP Programs, the Tree Service Industry insurance experts. Our TreePro insurance program has been insuring tree professionals for more than 30 years and is the largest program of its kind. It’s a multi-line package that provides better tree service insurance coverage and value than standard products. Our approach to tree company insurance is exceptional, with specialized coverage, risk control, claims management, and a library of industry related resources. We can handle crane and boom exposures and snow and ice removal that many of our competitors simply ignore.
Arborists & tree care professionals face some of the highest risk rates throughout the green industry. TreePro knows the risks tree care workers face daily and that’s why we provide our members with access to best tree climbing insurance on the market, as well as, a library of risk management resources. TreePro provides the security arborists need to focus on successfully growing and running their businesses.
Definition: This tree service insurance coverage reimburses for “intentional acts” by the insured.
Claim Example: An employee of the insured removes the wrong tree or too many trees on the property which typically happens when the work order is not clear or there is a mistake by the tree pruning crew. The cost for additional damage to the property is covered in this scenario.
Description: This tree company insurance coverage reimburses for arborists applying pesticides and/or herbicides.
Claim Example: An arborist mixes the wrong chemicals, doesn’t dilute the mix enough, over sprays the plants, etc. The cost to replace the damaged or dead plants is covered in this scenario.
Description: This insurance for arborists reimburses for fire suppression or other hazards that may include property damage related to wildfire, as well as incidents of accidental trespassing if the arborist cuts down trees on the wrong property.
Claim Example: An arborist cuts down a tree on the neighbor’s property because he/she misjudged the property line. The cost for damage to the neighboring property is covered in this scenario.
Description: This tree service insurance specifically covers riggers liability and does not need to involve tree care.
Claim Example: A contractor is using the company crane to lift air-conditioning units onto a roof and damages the unit.
Description: General liability coverage that buys back a small portion of pollution exclusion.
Claim Example: A hydraulic hose on an aerial lift bursts and spills over a client’s driveway. The cost for damage to the driveway is covered in this scenario.
Description: Provides coverage for chemical (herbicide/pesticide) spills during a sharp turn by the company truck.
Claim Example: A tree care specialist’s company truck is involved in an accident and overturns, spilling the contents(pesticides/
- Tree Pruning & Removal
- Tree Spraying
- Plant Health Care
- Landscape Gardening
- Lawn Care
- Irrigation (Sprinkler) Installation
- Snow & Ice Removal
- Subcontracted Work
- Program is admitted and written in all states
Minimum Package Premium
- 30 years of tree care insurance industry experience
- Carrier Rated A+ (Superior), Financial Size XV by A.M. Best
- Industry experts for risk control guidance and proper valuation of your client’s operations, property and equipment
- Specialized Tree Service Insurance Coverages Not Available Through Typical Products
- Competitive Rates & Flexible Payment Plans
- Superior Customer Service & Expert Claims Handling
- World-Class Risk Control Services
- General Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence/$2M aggregate)
- Auto Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence)
- Property (limits up to $1M)
- Inland Marine (limits up to $1M)
- Umbrella Liability (limits up to $5M)
- Crime (limits up to $100K)
- Contractors Pollution Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Workers’ Compensation (Minimum Premium of $10,000)
- Completed and signed ACORD applications
- Completed and signed TreePro Supplemental
- Completed and signed 15 Passenger Van Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Crane Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Pesticide/Herbicide Pollution Liability Supplemental (if applicable)
- FEIN Number
- 4 years of currently valued, hard copy loss runs for all lines of business being requested
Mike serves as Program Manager for the TreePro program with 28 years of P&C experience where he has developed strong relationships with agents, tree care owners, and industry association personnel. Mike is a graduate of the University of Connecticut and a CPCU.
November 25, 2020Insurance Brokers May be Liable for Denied COVID Claims
This past spring, some businesses across the nation were shuttered by local and government mandates as they were considered “non-essential” businesses.” Bars, salons, retail establishments, and any business that was not otherwise deemed as “essential” was closed. Exceptions included businesses like grocery stores, pharmacies, and “essential” health facilities. The shuttered businesses, their owners, and employees were...Read More
November 18, 2020U.S. Treasury Warns Cyber Insurers Not to Pay Ransomware Demands
Ransomware is a type of malware denying users access to data until a ransom is met. It can affect any individual or organization due to visiting an infected website or clicking on a suspicious email. Ransomware is powerful, and it can prevent businesses from viewing anything from supply spreadsheets to configuring hospital bills for patients....Read More
November 11, 2020Top 5 Habits of Very Successful Insurance Brokers
Insurance brokers have a lot on their plate. They must manage the producers and agents working within their brokerage. They must make sure everything is in place to ensure their agents are successful at their job. To remain successful, insurance brokers must maintain certain habits. These habits help shape the broker, as well as the...Read More