Our tree service insurance program has been insuring tree professionals for more than 30 years and is the largest program of its kind. It’s a multi-line package that provides better tree service insurance coverage and value than standard products. Our approach to tree company insurance is exceptional, with specialized coverage, risk control, claims management, and a library of industry related resources. We can handle crane and boom exposures and snow and ice removal that many of our competitors simply ignore.
Arborists & tree care professionals face some of the highest risk rates throughout the green industry. TreePro knows the risks tree care workers face daily and that’s why we provide our members with access to the best tree service insurance on the market, as well as, a library of risk management resources. TreePro provides the security arborists need to focus on successfully growing and running their businesses.
Definition: This tree service insurance coverage reimburses for “intentional acts” by the insured.
Claim Example: An employee of the insured removes the wrong tree or too many trees on the property which typically happens when the work order is not clear or there is a mistake by the tree pruning crew. The cost for additional damage to the property is covered in this scenario.
Description: This tree company insurance coverage reimburses for arborists applying pesticides and/or herbicides.
Claim Example: An arborist mixes the wrong chemicals, doesn’t dilute the mix enough, over sprays the plants, etc. The cost to replace the damaged or dead plants is covered in this scenario.
Description: This tree service insurance for arborists reimburses for fire suppression or other hazards that may include property damage related to wildfire, as well as incidents of accidental trespassing if the arborist cuts down trees on the wrong property.
Claim Example: An arborist cuts down a tree on the neighbor’s property because he/she misjudged the property line. The cost for damage to the neighboring property is covered in this scenario.
Description: This tree service insurance specifically covers riggers liability and does not need to involve tree care.
Claim Example: A contractor is using the company crane to lift air-conditioning units onto a roof and damages the unit.
Description: General liability coverage that buys back a small portion of pollution exclusion.
Claim Example: A hydraulic hose on an aerial lift bursts and spills over a client’s driveway. The cost for damage to the driveway is covered in this scenario.
Description: This tree service insurance provides coverage for chemical (herbicide/pesticide) spills during a sharp turn by the company truck.
Claim Example: A tree care specialist’s company truck is involved in an accident and overturns, spilling the contents(pesticides/
- Tree Pruning & Removal
- Tree Spraying
- Plant Health Care
- Landscape Gardening
- Lawn Care
- Irrigation (Sprinkler) Installation
- Snow & Ice Removal
- Subcontracted Work
- Program is admitted and written in all states
Minimum Package Premium
- 30 years of tree care insurance industry experience
- Carrier Rated A+ (Superior), Financial Size XV by A.M. Best
- Industry experts for risk control guidance and proper valuation of your client’s operations, property and equipment
- Specialized Tree Service Insurance Coverages Not Available Through Typical Products
- Competitive Rates & Flexible Payment Plans
- Superior Customer Service & Expert Claims Handling
- World-Class Risk Control Services
- General Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence/$2M aggregate)
- Auto Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence)
- Property (limits up to $1M)
- Inland Marine (limits up to $1M)
- Umbrella Liability (limits up to $5M)
- Crime (limits up to $100K)
- Contractors Pollution Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Workers’ Compensation (Minimum Premium of $10,000)
- Completed and signed ACORD applications
- Completed and signed TreePro Supplemental
- Completed and signed 15 Passenger Van Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Crane Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Pesticide/Herbicide Pollution Liability Supplemental (if applicable)
- FEIN Number
- 4 years of currently valued, hard copy loss runs for all lines of business being requested
Tom is a dynamic and versatile insurance program leader with the rare combination of specialty insurance and technology expertise. Tom leads NIP Group’s specialty programs division and has driven the development and growth of many differentiated insurance programs to address the unmet needs of customers and brokers. He has directed the large-scale transformation of the division’s underwriting platform with an all-embracing use of targeted data analytics to take on the right mix of risks and gain an edge over the market in pricing, risk selection, execution quality and speed.
October 20, 2021Staying In Front of Your Customers: 9 Strategies to Increase Insurance Agency Retention
Your insurance agency's growth shouldn't only be based on obtaining new clients. Keeping a strong focus on client retention is also critical to maintaining your success. Here are 9 tips to help you keep clients on your book of business...Read More
October 13, 2021Insurance Agency Marketing: Best Practices for the Digital Era
Digital marketing is a cost-effective and influential way to promote your insurance agency. In this article, we comb over some marketing best practices that can help set you apart from the competition. Read more...Read More