If you have tree service clients, come to NIP Programs, the Green Industry insurance experts. Our TreePro® insurance program has been insuring tree professionals for more than 30 years and is the largest program of its kind. It’s a multi-line package that provides better coverage and value than standard products. Our approach to tree care insurance is exceptional, with specialized coverage, risk control, claims management, and a library of industry related resources. We can handle crane and boom exposures and snow and ice removal that many of our competitors simply ignore.
Arborists & tree care professionals face some of the highest risk rates throughout the green industry. TreePro® knows the risks tree care workers face daily and that’s why we provide our members with access to best tree care insurance on the market, as well as, a library of risk management resources. TreePro® provides the security arborists need to focus on successfully growing and running their businesses.
Definition: This coverage reimburses for “intentional acts” by the insured.
Claim Example: An employee of the insured removes the wrong tree or too many trees on the property which typically happens when the work order is not clear or there is a mistake by the tree pruning crew. The cost for additional damage to the property is covered in this scenario.
Description: This coverage reimburses for arborists applying pesticides and/or herbicides.
Claim Example: An arborist mixes the wrong chemicals, doesn’t dilute the mix enough, over sprays the plants, etc. The cost to replace the damaged or dead plants is covered in this scenario.
Description: This coverage reimburses for fire suppression or other hazards that may include property damage related to wildfire, as well as incidents of accidental trespassing if the arborist cuts down trees on the wrong property.
Claim Example: An arborist cuts down a tree on the neighbor’s property because he/she misjudged the property line. The cost for damage to the neighboring property is covered in this scenario.
Description: This specifically covers riggers liability and does not need to involve tree care.
Claim Example: A contractor is using the company crane to lift air-conditioning units onto a roof and damages the unit.
Description: General liability coverage that buys back a small portion of pollution exclusion.
Claim Example: A hydraulic hose on an aerial lift bursts and spills over a client’s driveway. The cost for damage to the driveway is covered in this scenario.
Description: Provides coverage for chemical (herbicide/pesticide) spills during a sharp turn by the company truck.
Claim Example: A tree care specialist’s company truck is involved in an accident and overturns, spilling the contents(pesticides/
- Tree Pruning & Removal
- Tree Spraying
- Plant Health Care
- Landscape Gardening
- Lawn Care
- Irrigation (Sprinkler) Installation
- Snow & Ice Removal
- Subcontracted Work
- Program is admitted and written in all states
Minimum Package Premium
- 30 years of tree care insurance industry experience
- Carrier Rated A+ (Superior), Financial Size XV by A.M. Best
- Industry experts for risk control guidance and proper valuation of your client’s operations, property and equipment
- Specialized Tree Care Insurance Coverages Not Available Through Typical Products
- Competitive Rates & Flexible Payment Plans
- Superior Customer Service & Expert Claims Handling
- World-Class Risk Control Services
- General Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence/$2M aggregate)
- Auto Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence)
- Property (limits up to $1M)
- Inland Marine (limits up to $1M)
- Umbrella Liability (limits up to $5M)
- Crime (limits up to $100K)
- Contractors Pollution Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Workers’ Compensation (Minimum Premium of $10,000)
- Completed and signed ACORD applications
- Completed and signed TreePro Supplemental
- Completed and signed 15 Passenger Van Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Crane Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Pesticide/Herbicide Pollution Liability Supplemental (if applicable)
- FEIN Number
- 4 years of currently valued, hard copy loss runs for all lines of business being requested
Mike serves as Program Manager for the TreePro program with 28 years of P&C experience where he has developed strong relationships with agents, tree care owners, and industry association personnel. Mike is a graduate of the University of Connecticut and a CPCU.
Marketing strategies in the age of the internet are difficult to develop. Many insurance brokers look for the best ways to find the most potential clients. While the concept sounds great in theory, using a broad strategy without targeting a core group can lead to useless insurance leads. This strategy is known as the shotgun...Read More
The world of Landscapers, Construction Contractors & Nurseries is continually shifting and evolving, especially during this challenging time. As work becomes more reliant on technology, and exposure grows online, so too does the risk of cyber-attacks. Green industry businesses and construction contractors regularly handle their clients’ personal information, project data, financial data, and so much...Read More
Insurance Brokers See a 19% Hike in Commercial Insurance in Q2 According to Marsh’s Global Insurance Market Index for Q2 in 2020, there was a 19% increase in the average global commercial insurance. This data shows the most significant yearly growth over the past eight years and the eleventh quarter in a row where prices...Read More