Our tree service insurance program has been insuring tree professionals for more than 30 years and is the largest program of its kind. It’s a multi-line package that provides better tree service insurance coverage and value than standard products. Our approach to tree company insurance is exceptional, with specialized coverage, risk control, claims management, and a library of industry related resources. We can handle crane and boom exposures and snow and ice removal that many of our competitors simply ignore.
Arborists & tree care professionals face some of the highest risk rates throughout the green industry. TreePro knows the risks tree care workers face daily and that’s why we provide our members with access to the best tree service insurance on the market, as well as, a library of risk management resources. TreePro provides the security arborists need to focus on successfully growing and running their businesses.
Definition: This tree service insurance coverage reimburses for “intentional acts” by the insured.
Claim Example: An employee of the insured removes the wrong tree or too many trees on the property which typically happens when the work order is not clear or there is a mistake by the tree pruning crew. The cost for additional damage to the property is covered in this scenario.
Description: This tree company insurance coverage reimburses for arborists applying pesticides and/or herbicides.
Claim Example: An arborist mixes the wrong chemicals, doesn’t dilute the mix enough, over sprays the plants, etc. The cost to replace the damaged or dead plants is covered in this scenario.
Description: This tree service insurance for arborists reimburses for fire suppression or other hazards that may include property damage related to wildfire, as well as incidents of accidental trespassing if the arborist cuts down trees on the wrong property.
Claim Example: An arborist cuts down a tree on the neighbor’s property because he/she misjudged the property line. The cost for damage to the neighboring property is covered in this scenario.
Description: This tree service insurance specifically covers riggers liability and does not need to involve tree care.
Claim Example: A contractor is using the company crane to lift air-conditioning units onto a roof and damages the unit.
Description: General liability coverage that buys back a small portion of pollution exclusion.
Claim Example: A hydraulic hose on an aerial lift bursts and spills over a client’s driveway. The cost for damage to the driveway is covered in this scenario.
Description: This tree service insurance provides coverage for chemical (herbicide/pesticide) spills during a sharp turn by the company truck.
Claim Example: A tree care specialist’s company truck is involved in an accident and overturns, spilling the contents(pesticides/
- Tree Pruning & Removal
- Tree Spraying
- Plant Health Care
- Landscape Gardening
- Lawn Care
- Irrigation (Sprinkler) Installation
- Snow & Ice Removal
- Subcontracted Work
- Program is admitted and written in all states
Minimum Package Premium
- 30 years of tree care insurance industry experience
- Carrier Rated A+ (Superior), Financial Size XV by A.M. Best
- Industry experts for risk control guidance and proper valuation of your client’s operations, property and equipment
- Specialized Tree Service Insurance Coverages Not Available Through Typical Products
- Competitive Rates & Flexible Payment Plans
- Superior Customer Service & Expert Claims Handling
- World-Class Risk Control Services
- General Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence/$2M aggregate)
- Auto Liability (limits up to $1M per occurrence)
- Property (limits up to $1M)
- Inland Marine (limits up to $1M)
- Umbrella Liability (limits up to $5M)
- Crime (limits up to $100K)
- Contractors Pollution Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Workers’ Compensation (Minimum Premium of $10,000)
- Completed and signed ACORD applications
- Completed and signed TreePro Supplemental
- Completed and signed 15 Passenger Van Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Crane Supplemental (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Pesticide/Herbicide Pollution Liability Supplemental (if applicable)
- FEIN Number
- 4 years of currently valued, hard copy loss runs for all lines of business being requested
Joseph serves as the Director of Underwriting Referrals and the TreePro Program Manager. Joseph has extensive underwriting management experience with well-known commercial lines carriers. He holds a Bachelors’ Degree from American International College and a Masters’ Degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He also has earned the CPCU and AU (Associate in Commercial Underwriting) designations. He is a past Board Member (Secretary) of the CT CPCU Chapter and is an authorized AINS Instructor with the American Institute of CPCUs.
January 13, 20213 Ways to Make Insurance Policies Easier to Read
There is no doubt insurance policies are complicated and challenging to read for policyholders, and sometimes even for agents and other insurance professionals. Your customer will leave with the policy at the end of the day and will recall many things you explain to them, but the policy speaks in your absence. It is your...Read More
December 23, 2020The Logic Behind High and Low Insurance Deductibles
Insurance brokers are quite aware of the balance clients seek when determining which deductible is right for them. Many will attempt to find a premium that works into their financial plan without leaving them too exposed if they need to file a claim. The problem with insurance deductibles is there are no straightforward answers for...Read More
December 16, 2020Understanding Your Insurance Clients’ Pain Points
The most important aspect of an insurance brokers’ job is to find new ways to transition potential clients into insured ones. One way to do this is to learn how to understand each insurance client’s pain points in the market for a new insurance policy. Learning how to address these issues head-on can help make...Read More